Keeping files downloaded by Smart

JohnP J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jan 23 03:36:18 PST 2006

On 22 Jan 2006 oc2pus at arcor.de wrote:

>Am Sonntag, 22. Januar 2006 12:48 schrieb John Pilkington:

>> Yes, of course:  I have an archive of synaptic-downloads and wanted
>> be able to use these if appropriate - perhaps on other systems.  This
>> renaming ploy means that I can.

>so create a channel file for your local rpm's in your apt-cache
>type = rpm-dir

>see smart channel --help

So to build an archive with smart _and_ retain the old apt/synaptic
archive the commands are (in fc3 with smart not active):

#smart config --set remove-packages=false
#smart channel --add aptdb type=rpm-dir path=/var/cache/apt/archives

After this a smart-gui reinstall of a package from the old archive
worked offline.

Thank you.