[issue60] Write a logfile for changes

Bernhard Reiter at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Wed Dec 21 03:50:01 PST 2005

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard.reiter at intevation.de>:

For most systems that I administrate, I keep a logfile
which also includes when, which package was installed, removed
or what ever. It would be a very cool feature for smart to provide
such a logfile or hooks for it, as people would like to do this differently.
Some might prefer a database, others a textfile that would need pre- or
appending.

For me this feature almost is a requirement for a package manager
and we realised it with an apt shell wrapper that fires up an editor
on the system logfile before the changes.

messages: 174
nosy: bernhard
priority: feature
project: smart