SuSE freeze fixed!

Aschwin Marsman aschwin at marsman.org
Wed Dec 7 02:18:57 PST 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Aschwin Marsman wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> > Christoph Thiel wrote:
> > > On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
>
> > Either way, it seems to fix the freeze... well, hopefully it does :)
> > Updated smart-0.40-14 packages for SUSE will be available on my site (as soon as the next sync hits
> > gwdg.de, which means tomorrow morning (GMT+1) at worst), and it includes your patch.
>
> I can't wait... I will test it as soon as I can get my hands on it.

I just upgraded, it freezed, so I killed smart. Is it intentional that
smart was upgraded first? It freezed after the installation of the second
package:

Committing transaction...
Preparing...                                      #####[  0%]
   1:Installing smart                             #####[  1%]
   2:Cleaning smart                               #####[  2%]
   3:Installing collectd                          #####[  3%]

$ smart --version
smart 0.40

Is it possible to adapt this so it looks like 'rpm -q smart' output?

$ rpm -q smart
smart-0.40-14.guru.suse100

We will get much better bug reports that way.

(How do I do a 'rpm -q smart' using smart?)

I did a
------------8<-----------8<-----------8<-----------8<----------
$ smart info smart
Updating cache...                                      #####[100%]

Name: smart
Version: 0.40-14.guru.suse100 at i686
The Smart Package Manager project has the ambitious objective of creating
smart and portable algorithms for solving adequately the problem of managing
software upgrading and installation.

This tool works in all major distributions, and will bring notable
advantages over native tools currently in use (APT, APT-RPM, YUM,
URPMI, etc).

Saving cache...

This takes to much time because of the cache.

$ smart upgrade

Work flawlessly after the update. Thanx!

Best regards,

Aschwin Marsman

--
aschwin at marsman.org              http://www.marsman.org