SuSE freeze fixed!

Aschwin Marsman aschwin at marsman.org
Wed Dec 7 06:19:16 PST 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Christoph Thiel wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
>
> > If you're comparing the parsing speed of Smart with yum, don't do it.
> > yum doesn't do the work smart does while processing the metadata
> > information.
>
> Yes, I was thinking of that very problem ;)

The biggest disappointment when going from Red Hat to SUSE was the slow
update process because of SuSEconfig. smart is much faster than SuSEconfig
when you have a lot of packages installed. The SuSEconfig should be
reconsidered in my humble opinion, it is doing things that are unneeded
most of the time and takes a lot of time. Any improvements for 10.x?

> Regards
> 	Christoph

Best regards,

Aschwin Marsman