SuSE freeze fixed!

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Wed Dec 7 07:07:19 PST 2005

> We will most likely have rpm-md as default metadata format sooner or
> later. If I get it right, Fedora already switched to rpm-md - so we
> should all try to make rpm-md support in smart as mature as possible.

Of course. That's certainly my objective. On the other hand, one
must understand that the way the mapping is done makes it impossible
to look for files of a given package without scanning the XML file.
That hurts performance.

I'll try to, at a given point, implement a file format which
handles that, to make the point clear.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net