Understanding Prioritization

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Tue Dec 20 03:49:02 PST 2005

Hi again Eli,

> > Point (1) behaves in a quite similar way to APT's pinning feature. On
> > the other hand, point (2) doesn't.  In case you try it, your feedback
> > on the current beahvior will be welcome.
[...]
> The behaviour I'm expecting, is one of exclusion. In apt, if I set a
> priority of a repository to 999 then that repository has exclusive
> priority over all other repositories that I'm using. 998 has the next
[...]

I appreciate your explanation, and understand that you are expecting
the behavior of Smart to be the same of APT, the tool you've been
using so far.  I've worked on APT-RPM for quite some time before
starting the Smart project, so I understand how the pinning system
works there. If you try out the priority system in Smart, I'll be
glad to have your input on it.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net