[issue51] More friendly gui ?

Mikus Grinbergs at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Wed Dec 28 13:57:57 PST 2005

Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> added the comment:

Perhaps this is unrelated to the issue the original submitter had, but I have a
suggestion for a "more friendly GUI":

When I click on the 'Upgrade all packages' icon, one of two things happens:  (1)
a subsidiary window opens, showing the candidate packages, or (2) such a window
does NOT open.  In practice, I end up WAITING (and waiting) to distinguish
between (1) and (2).

What I WISH for is that there were an indicator of "still busy", whose
disappearance would tell me that work on my CURRENT click had *completed*.
[Examples of such indicators would be a throbber, or text like "Working ..." put
into the status line at the bottom of the smart window (for EVERY "action" click).

[Note:  In my experience, the text in the status line at the bottom of the smart
window does NOT get always cleared when a new action is begun.  Thus, even if
that line says "No interesting updates found", I am not *sure* whether that text
resulted from my CURRENT click.]

nosy: +mikus