[issue12] freezing at computing transaction

Gary Lankford at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Wed Nov 9 18:38:27 PST 2005

Gary Lankford <gary_lankford at yahoo.com> added the comment:

My first use of Smart 0.40-8 required an update of about 400 Mb using a 56k
modem running the gui from the Suse menu.  Download was fine and at my best
download speed (yeah, go ahead and laugh). No changes from included channels. I
experienced the same problem described in this thread during computing
transactions.  After waiting about an hour I killed the application (would not
respond otherwise) and restarted.  It took up where it left off, then hung
again: I killed.  This process repeated about 10 times before finishing (hey,
I'm impressed that it could pick up like that).  Since then with normal daily
upgrades (small < 40 Mb) performance has been flawless in this area (currently
0.40-11).

nosy: +Gary