Smart freezes

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Nov 29 18:31:26 PST 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:27:50 -0200 "Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)" <netmask at webset.net> wrote:

> > > This is the *third* time for me that smart on SuSE 10.0 has frozen
> > > while "installing" the packages it has just downloaded.
>
> I found a workaround for the constant freezings: use smart on stepped
> mode. Seems to work for me.

My apologies, but I could not find the information.

[Note:  I was using 'smart --gui', because I wanted to *see*
 what packages were "new" in the various repositories since the
 last time I had asked for an "update" of the channel contents.]

WHAT is "on stepped mode", and HOW does one invoke it ?

Thanks,  mikus