[smart] [issue3] Add "remove all" option to channel management

Hawkwind hawkwind at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 10:02:00 PDT 2005

Gustavo,

It's something we use nearly every single day in #Mandriva when helping
users with packages and stuff. It's something that tells us what sources
users have with a very simple display without a lot of unnecessary outputs
when users are asked to paste it to the channel.

I'd say it's one of the most widely used commands as far as channel support
is concerned.

We use the urpqm --list-media more than we use the --list-url switch, but
they coincide and can easily tell us if a user has the right or necessary
sources setup from online in a nice timely fashion.

On 9/27/05, Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo at niemeyer.net> wrote:

> > There is a "urpmi.removemedia -a" which removes all current available
> > medias. In smart we need to remove on by one. I would like to suggest
> > to add a new switch, something like "smart channel --remove-all" or
> > "smart channel --remove all" in order to acheive the same result.
>
> Is there a usage case for this (e.g. have you used it)? That's quite
> trivial to implement, but I wonder how many people will want something
> like that.
>
> --
> Gustavo Niemeyer
> http://niemeyer.net

Sincere Regards,

Cliff Wade
(Hawkwind)

The box said: Requires Windows 98 or better, So I installed Linux!
Registered Linux User #362532
http://seerofsouls.com
http://linuxfordummies.org
http://doomsickle.com