new to the list

Bogdano Arendartchuk debogdano at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 10:00:11 PDT 2006

On 4/7/06, Henri Girard <henrigira at numericable.fr> wrote:
> Hi :)
> i use smart in mandriva 2006
> I had a problem and find how to cure it (i think ...)
> it connected to server ciril and i wanted to delete it... I used to
> configure smart with easyurpmi
> as there is an option... But i don't see any configuration of smart ?
> how can i know where the configuration files are ?
> i deleted in smart : channels and packages files and i started again...
> but sometimes ciril is still in it ?
> wish help :)
> kind regards
> Henri

Hi Henri,

Smart stores its channels and configuration data in
var/lib/smart/config, which is a python pickle file and is not
intended for edition "by hand" (otherwise it would be in /etc/). You
can check if these channels are still being used by doing `smart
channel --show`.

The smart from Mandriva package will try to add these channels from
ftp.ciril.fr every time you run it and there is no channel configured.
Try to rename the file /usr/lib/smart/distro.py and remove these
channels again. Please let us know if didn't work.

Bogdano