[issue122] smart "hangs" when using fedora devel channel

tromer at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Sun Aug 13 05:39:44 PDT 2006

tromer <smartpm2eran at tromer.org> added the comment:

Similar problem here. I'm using FC5 with the 'stable' and 'updates' channels at
the highest priorities. If I tell smart to forcibly install newer packages from
the 'development' channel, it will often hang with 100% CPU use, either during
the install or on a subsequent 'upgrade' (i.e., when it tries to automatically
downgrade because the 'development' packages have a lower priority).

The specific packages causing this keep changing, probably because of the
frequent changes in the 'development' channel. Right now, "install
gsf-sharp-0.8-1.1 at i386" hangs.

Output of "smart channel --show" attached.

nosy: +tromer

Labix issue tracker <tracker at labix.org>
<http://tracker.labix.org/issue122>