[issue188] smart crashes on start

osvaldo at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Fri Aug 18 12:58:28 PDT 2006

osvaldo <ofrassine at infinito.it> added the comment:

> I need some more information:
> - What yast2 channels do you have?
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/usr-local-bin/10.1
http://packman.io-bremen.de/suse/10.1
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm/10.1

> - Have you run "update" before entering shell mode?
no

> - What SUSE release?
OpenSuse 10.1 (X86-64) Kernel 2.6.16.13-4-default

I solved my problem in this way:
I moved all channels from /var/lib/smart/channels to a temp folder.
I moved one by one channels from temp folder to /var/lib/smart/channels.
(I moved the first channel then run smart, closed smart, moved second channel
run smart ...)
Some KDE channels (I cannot remember the name exactly) crash the application. I
deleted them.
Sorry, I cannot give you other suggestions.