ksmarttray and updates

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 21 15:46:34 PDT 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 22:49, Andreas Hanke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Randy Smith schrieb:
> > Does smart
> > complete these steps in a way that I am somehow bypassing?
>
> No, it does not. It does not run SuSEconfig at all.
>
> smart should have an optional feature of running a certain command after
> finishing transactions. We could use that for SuSEconfig integration.
>
> Andreas Hanke

I actually looked through the code, and I think I have the right location to
add a post-install script execution, and it should be relatively easy to set
it as a standard smart config parameter. My only concern is that if I do it,
it'll be a hacky kludge compared to the manner Gustavo would do it. There are
lots of elegant looking patterns in the smart code, but I'm much more a brute
force kind of guy ;-)
--
Steve Boddy