Smart is hiccupping

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Tue Aug 22 01:09:10 PDT 2006

Christoph Thiel wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> I am pretty sure that this did not happen before the latest upgrade of
>> smart but now smart locksup when it tries to update a channel which is
>> not available- it used to just time out and go on with the rest of the
>> updates but not now.
>>
>> The software.opensuse.org site appears to be down and when smart goes
>> there smart just locks up and doesn't go on to the next channel on its
>> list.
>
> We are in the process of upgrading that maschine -- it should be back to
> normal in a couple of hours.

Thanks, Christoph, but the main hassle here is that smart will not give
up on a channel if it is unavailable and go on to the next channel. I
had to go in as root and kill smart because it hung on like a bulldog to
the unavailable channel :-) .

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1