[issue197] Smart Fails on Segmentation Faults

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Thu Aug 24 20:32:02 PDT 2006

Gustavo Niemeyer at Labix Tracker wrote:
> Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo at niemeyer.net> added the comment:
>
> This looks like a problem during the rpm transaction inside librpm
> (which doesn't necessarily mean it's a problem *in* rpm). Can you
> please try to execute the command again, and then try the rpm
> command by hand [1] to see if the same problem happens?
>
> [1] rpm -Uvh /var/lib/smart/packages/*.rpm
>
> ----------
> nosy: +niemeyer
> status: unread -> chatting
>
> _______________________________________
> Labix issue tracker <tracker at labix.org>
> <http://tracker.labix.org/issue197>
> _______________________________________

The smart 42.9 package for SUSE is broken and produces the Segmentation
Fault. The real concern here I think would  be that just because Smart
is broken it causes ALL packages downloaded with it to "collapse" and
not be installed.

I was able to install individually the other rpms which were downloaded
with smart but when I tried to install the smart rpms (42.9) the process
collapsed with the Segmentation Fault.

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1