0.50rc1 feedback

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Dec 9 22:47:34 PST 2006

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:56:14 -0200 Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo at niemeyer.net> wrote:

> How's 0.50rc1 working for you?

Trying 'smart --gui' on SUSE 10.1 x86_64, to fetch a "large" mass
of updates.  The 'downloads' panel is somewhat incomprehensible.
I used to be able to identify "problem" downloads by their
progress bars not being filled in -- but no longer:

A number of lines show up on the panel with status 'Done', but
without the progress fields having been filled in.  As far as
I can tell, these are duplicates of packages being downloaded
from some other place.  [Earlier versions of 'smart --gui' did
NOT show these confusing (to me) lines.]

I can't tell whether these confusing lines point to packages in
mirrors, or to packages in a different specified repository
(which just happens to contain the same updated package).
That is because 'smart' *condenses* the file identification as
shown in the 'downloads' panel - so I am not told the directory
at the site to which that line points.

mikus