0.50rc1 feedback

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Dec 10 12:37:49 PST 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:47:34 -0600 mikus at bga.com (Mikus Grinbergs) wrote:

> Trying 'smart --gui' on SUSE 10.1 x86_64, to fetch a "large" mass
> of updates.  The 'downloads' panel is somewhat incomprehensible.
> I used to be able to identify "problem" downloads by their
> progress bars not being filled in -- but no longer:

Looked further.  Turned out 'smart' was correct.  My apologies.
[What confused me was how *many* unexplained lines there were.]

The problem appears to be that the __index__ of a repository
did not match the __contents__ of that repository -- 'smart'
was trying to download package level-numbers not present in
that repository.

This points out the __absolute dependency__ of 'smart' on being
presented with correct package information.  I do not have a
solution to suggest -- but I *did* get completely confused when
the result of using 'smart' was NOT what I expected to happen.

mikus  (accessing  GNOME:/STABLE/SUSE_Linux_10.1/x86_64/  )