How to get rid of this error?

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Thu Dec 14 06:23:24 PST 2006

I've had this plaguing me for 3 days now:

file /usr/lib/libmp4v2.so.0.0.0 from install of faac-1.25-2.0 conflicts
with file from package libmp4v2-1.4.1-4.pm.1

and, of course, this conflict stops any other unrelated upgrades,
downloaded at the same time as this faac, from being processed so I end
up doing those other upgrades manually.

How do I stop this faac being "upgraded"? Trying to delete this package
also triggers the need to delete other required and used applications.

Going around in circles here :-) .

Cheers.

--
In a period of great joy and pleasure you are comforted by the thought
that tragedy is just around the corner.