0.50rc1 feedback

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 10:36:23 PST 2006

On Friday 08 December 2006 8:56 am, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> Ok folks,
>
> How's 0.50rc1 working for you?
>
> Have you found any issues to be fixed before 0.50 final, or is it
> ok to relable 0.50rc1 as 0.50?

I have been having some serious problems here that I haven't quite figured
out.  I run ksmarttray at startup, and manually run smart as needed.
Approximately once every 1-2 days I run smart only to have it hang.  I have
to kill all smart instances (ksmarttray may be running 1), and
find /var/lib/rpm/__* is trashed.  I have to rm them, run rpm --rebuilddb,
which takes a LONG time on this machine.

I don't know what's causing this, or if it is related to 0.50rc1.  It is
relatively recent that I started running ksmarttray at startup.  Could it be
an issue of locking when ksmarttray runs smart while I am trying to run
manually?