[issue266] smart doesn't work with rpm 4.4.7

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Tue Dec 26 04:26:37 PST 2006

On Dec 26, 2006, at 7:08 AM, Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) at Labix
Tracker wrote:

> Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) <mteixeira at webset.net> added the comment:
>
> IIRC, Jeff Johnson told us in the Smart list that the 'archscore'
> would be
> removed from newer RPM implementations.

archscore is re-added in rpm-4.4.8 (for like the 3rd or 4th time) to
give
applications Yet Another Chance to do something different.

All of rpmrc is going to be removed, multilib and virtual os's and
emulators have made the
the arch/os scoring mechanisms unwieldy and useless. Meanwhile, I
certainly
dinna mean to break any code, the issue was warned many times, most
recently
in August.

> Niemeyer, I think you're the one to deal with this issue. :)

Being dealt with as needed.

73 de Jeff