memory usage of smart

Lic. Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Thu Feb 9 09:04:07 PST 2006

I was seeing some serious memory problems when using smart and other apps
on my local computer. Today I found out that smart was the one using all
the memory, because after closing it I had an extra 80Mb free of RAM and
43Mb extra swap space.

I really can't believe that smart would use that amount of memory.

Is there a way for smart to use a more realistic amount of memory, or am I
stuck here?

--
  13:50:01 up 17 days, 19:35,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00