[issue113] smart update crashes on first run with many channels

chekov at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Thu Feb 9 13:00:40 PST 2006

New submission from chekov <chekov at ucla.edu>:

I add about 18 channels to start before updating it for the first time.  As of
version .40+ this started causing smart to crash during the update.

Smart will begin doing the updates just fine but keeps going and eventually
passes 100% on the completed indidcator.  Then it throughs a Unhandled exception
error started by <bound method FTPHandler.fetch>.  most recent call trace goes
fetcher.py line 1048 (fechitem.setSucceeded), fetcher.py line 547
(self._progress.setSubDone), and progress.py line 250 (setSubDone).

sorry I don't have cut&paste ability since I'm doing this in a kickstart
environmnet.
The error does not occur if you run smart update again (even if it crashed the
first time).  and it can be avoided by individually updating all channels.
However, it does kill my kickstart as is
-alan

messages: 344
nosy: chekov
priority: urgent
project: smart
status: unread
title: smart update crashes on first run with many channels