One option smart needs to conquer the world

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Feb 23 08:41:49 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 10:44:35PM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On 2/22/06, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> > Something that strikes in particular in this discussion is that yum is
> > not capable of considering past releases of a package at all due to
> > design bugs (it throws all "unneccessary" old packages out of the
> > first pass calculation). So what's easier than to declare a bug to a
> > feature :)
>
> No it doesn't. Yum can consider them but it's not a very well tested path.

That's nice to hear, I didn't know you changed your mind on that. So
is there at least a small test case where you can demonstrate this?
Because up to now most bugs reported by me were explained due to yum
throwing out those "old" packages too early out of its dependency
calculation.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net