smart hung

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Fri Jan 13 10:41:37 PST 2006

Hello Greg,

> smart-0.41 just hung on a simple upgrade.  it's still running in case
> it would be of any use to provide a dump and/or stacktrace, just
> please clue me how to trigger them.  btw my bashrc set "ulimit -S -c
> 0", but if i try to change that before starting pdb it's not clear to
> me if that will be any help to the already hung smart.

By that time you're probably not running it anymore. I'd be interesting
to have a gdb backtrace of where it was blocked, or even an strace one.

> my system is centos 4 with all updates applied as of recently, smart
> just hung in the attempt to apply the very latest updates:

I'm sorry, but I have no idea about why it has hung, and can't help
any further without introspecting into the problem.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net