System has no support for gtk python interface

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sun Jan 29 07:33:57 PST 2006

On Jan 29, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Dave Chapman wrote:

> Just upgraded a few packages with smart and now I get an error.
>

> hydrogen:/home/dave # smart --gui
> error: System has no support for gtk python interface
>
> Does smart keep a log of recent transactions ?

Dunno whether smart does, but rpm certainly keeps track of installs.

See
     rpm -qa --last | more

FYI: rpm-4.4.4 (which should "work" under smart-0.41) adds forward
(for "newer" installed packages)
and backward (for "older" erased packages) links.

E.g. you can display which packages were erased by a given package
install by doing

$ rpm -q --blink popt
popt-1.10.5-0.6.i386.rpm
         <= popt-1.10.5-0.4.i386.rpm

which means that popt-1.10.5-0.6.i386.rpm upgraded
popt-1.10.5-0.4.i386.rpm.

> smart 0.41 from guru on SuSE OSS10

Ah, SuSE. Try "rpm -qa --last" to see what was recently installed.

hth

73 de Jeff