rpm directory?

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Tue Jan 31 19:06:17 PST 2006

> How can I add a remote directory of rpms?  I am testing FC5, and I
> want to add extras
> http://fedoraproject.org/extras/development/x86_64/.  AFAICT, there is
> no index of these RPMS, just the RPMS.

Unfortunately, you can't. If packages are in a remote site, there
must be some kind of channel information that tells Smart what is
in the remote site, otherwise Smart would have to download all
files (or ranges of them) to get the data (and even that is not
guaranteed without something like WEBDAV support in the HTTP
server).

> I tried rpm-dir, but that didn't seem to work - I'm guessing that is
> just for a local dir.

Precisely. If you have files locally Smart can verify the needed
information in those files.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net