upgrade from rpms?

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Fri Jul 14 13:12:50 PDT 2006

> I was trying to do an upgrade but it was taking forever to upload the
> rpms. So, I figured I'd upload them manually, then upgrade from the
> rpms. However, I couldn't see from the help a way to upgrade from an
> rpm. Am I missing something?

You can either select them manually in the command line:

  smart install ./foo.rpm ./bar.rpm

Add them to a rpm-dir channel and ask smart to upgrade. I used to have
a special directory in my machine where I'd drop local packages once
in a while. It might be a good practice if you find the need to do
so often enough.

Best regards!

--
Gustavo Niemeyer