How about a Smart Package Format?

Jerry Haltom wasabi at larvalstage.net
Tue Jul 18 14:27:04 PDT 2006

Heh. So, you want 3 formats for us to bicker over?

Smart is good because it integrates into the existing formats and
doesn't attempt to use it's own... such as Auto Package.

The reason there are different formats is because people believe they
are better. You won't change that.

Also, there's no way the software smart installs could be expected to
integrate into the local system if it used a separate format.