[issue170] smart --gui hangs on updating packages on Suse 10.1 X64

WillieWhelan at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Sat Jun 10 02:58:39 PDT 2006

New submission from WillieWhelan <whelanws at eircom.net>:

I am unable to use the GUI. The application consistently hangs while updating
the cache. The main Smart GUI window appears with an 'Operation Progress" popup
window on top. In one case I let the application run for 10 hours. I always have
to manually terminate the processes even after Gnome has force-quit the
application. According to the system the application is sleeping. My
Installation of suse was new so I re-installed the OS, maintaining my /home
directory and the problem persists.

If I use 'smart --shell' smart works perfectly, including smart --shell update ??

Any help appreciated..

WW

messages: 524
nosy: WW
priority: bug
project: smart
status: unread
title: smart --gui hangs on updating packages on Suse 10.1 X64