Preparing smart 0.42

Michael Vogt mvogt at acm.org
Tue Jun 13 03:12:59 PDT 2006

Dear Friends,

I talked to Gustavo yesterday about a new release. He was crazy enough
to appoint me to his "release assistant" and here I am :)

I think the current svn looks pretty good for 0.42. Gustavo has a
pending encoding patch and I would like to go over the open tickets
and see what needs to be done there.

The goal is to release 0.42 soon, that is within ~1 week. We hope to
be able to maintain a faster pace for the releases after that.

Here is what I compiled so far from the svn logs for the announcement:

- gtk interface buttons order follows the gnome HIG
- gtk interface will use new GtkFileChooser if available
- aptchannelsync.py plugin added that will keep the channels in
  sync with /etc/apt/sources.list{.d} (for debian based distros)
- rpm-log-file feature added
- bugfixes (fetcher, gui, encoding issues, transient windows, strings)
- translation updates

Feedback is welcome of course :)

Cheers,
 Michael