Guide for smart

Jeffrey Burns jeff at jeffreyburns.net
Sun Jun 4 00:59:14 PDT 2006

Hi Erik,

I'm not the original Jeff, but I'll try anyway.

On Sun, 2006-04-06 at 07:15 +0200, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
[snip]
> > Nah, only pictures and screen shots. That's why GUI == Graphical User
> > Interface.
> >
> > 73 de Jeff
> >
> Ok Jeff, but what does the colors mean in the squares at the most left end ?

It's pretty straight-forward: if the box is green it's on your machine,
if the box is white it's not ... going to rhyme.

Gold stars on uninstalled (white box) packages means these are new
packages that have appeared in the channels after updating. You can get
a poor man's to the variations by simply right-clicking on a package.

HTH

Jeff