smart freezing in transaction

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Mon Jun 5 06:25:58 PDT 2006

On Jun 5, 2006, at 9:08 AM, Tom Miller wrote:

> This is good. I'd like to know. The lock is getting set again blocking
> smart.
>
>  I cd to /var/lib/rpm. But here is what I get when I run rpmdb_stat:
> /usr/lib/rpm/rpmdb_stat -CA
> db_stat: DB_ENV->open: No such file or directory

The Berkeley DB concurrency locks are contained in the /var/lib/rpm/
__db* files.

If the files don't exist, then there are no locks that are accessible
(Note: it's still possible
to have deadlocks if you have removed the files, the previous files
will continue to
exist until the inode reference count goues to 0).

Running rpm -qa as root will create the __db* files, and the __db*
files are persistent until removed.
Note that the __db* files are containers, not the locks themselves.

73 de Jeff