Preparing smart 0.42

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Jun 13 12:03:25 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 12:59 +0200, Werner Flamme wrote:

> Michael Vogt schrieb am 13.06.2006 12:12:
> >
> > - aptchannelsync.py plugin added that will keep the channels in
> >   sync with /etc/apt/sources.list{.d} (for debian based distros)
> >
> > Feedback is welcome of course :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >  Michael
> >

> So I feed your back now ;-)
>
> The syncing with /etc/apt/ is a good idea, but why for debian only? I'm
> running SUSE (10.0 and 10.1) with apt, and it works fine. I'd like to see
> every change of the sources directly in smart - this is really smart ;-)

Indeed, apt-rpm is still alive and kicking, despite the rumours :)

Based on a quick look over aptchannelsync.py: repomd type only has "uri"
and "distro" parts in them and no components, that part will break with
current apt-rpm sources. Additionally rpm-src-dir and repomd-src should
be filtered out as those can't be handled yet by smart (just based on
the comment in that file, I dunno really).

	- Panu -