Preparing smart 0.42

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Wed Jun 14 00:39:59 PDT 2006

Pascal Bleser schrieb am 14.06.2006 00:08:
> Werner Flamme wrote:

>>> So I feed your back now ;-)
>>>
>>> The syncing with /etc/apt/ is a good idea, but why for debian only? I'm
>>> running SUSE (10.0 and 10.1) with apt, and it works fine. I'd like to see
>>> every change of the sources directly in smart - this is really smart ;-)
>
> I'm all against syncing with other package management tools.
>
> That's the sort of magic I personally wouldn't want to happen,
> especially because it doesn't work in the opposite direction (apt-rpm
> doesn't import/detect/use smart channels).
>
> What could be done though, is to ship a script that merges apt-{deb,rpm}
> sources into smart channels, but it would have to be triggered explicitly.
>
> cheers
> --
>   -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
>   /\\ <pascal.bleser at skynet.be>       <guru at unixtech.be>
>  _\_v The more things change, the more they stay insane.

Pascal,

I do not insist on the way apt sources are read ;-) The main thing is - for
me - *that* they can be used, not *how*. And I see no need to do it other
way round, since this would obsolete smart ;-)

Though at the moment "my" issue 166 is not solved yet and I'd like to see
smart's channels inside apt... ;-)

Cheers,
Werner

- --
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
UFZ Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle GmbH,
Permoserstr. 15 - 04318 Leipzig
Tel.: (0341) 235-3921 - Fax (0341) 235-453921
http://www.ufz.de - eMail: werner.flamme at ufz.de