Preparing smart 0.42

Michael Vogt mvogt at acm.org
Wed Jun 14 10:02:09 PDT 2006

Hello,

I think we make good progress for 0.42, a bunch of patches have been
merged. The updated NEWS:

- yast2-channels support
- gtk interface buttons order follows the gnome HIG
- gtk interface will use new GtkFileChooser if available
- aptchannelsync.py plugin added that optionally keeps the channels
  in  sync with /etc/apt/sources.list{.d} (for apt using distros)
- rpm-log-file feature added
- lots of bugfixes (fetcher, gui, encoding issues, transient windows,
  strings, query, rpm-backend)
- translation updates

Please let me know about outstanding patches/issues that you feel
should be fixed for 0.42.

Cheers,
 Michael