Preparing smart 0.42

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon Jun 19 10:39:57 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 18:18 +0200, Michael Vogt wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 10:03:25PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 12:59 +0200, Werner Flamme wrote:
> [..]
> > > The syncing with /etc/apt/ is a good idea, but why for debian only? I'm
> > > running SUSE (10.0 and 10.1) with apt, and it works fine. I'd like to see
> > > every change of the sources directly in smart - this is really smart ;-)
> >
> > Indeed, apt-rpm is still alive and kicking, despite the rumours :)
>
> Ah, nice to hear :)
>
> > Based on a quick look over aptchannelsync.py: repomd type only has "uri"
> > and "distro" parts in them and no components, that part will break with
> > current apt-rpm sources. Additionally rpm-src-dir and repomd-src should
> > be filtered out as those can't be handled yet by smart (just based on
> > the comment in that file, I dunno really).
>
> I changed the plugin to only add channels of type: "deb" and
> "rpm". Should I cover more for apt-rpm (sorry for my ignorance here).

Smart type "rpm-md" can be converted to "repomd" for apt-rpm "lorg"
releases. The entries in sources.list look like any "rpm" type
repository but without the components part, since those dont make sense
(dont exist) in repomd. Repomd entries look somewhat like this:

repomd http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/ fedora/linux/core/$(VERSION)/$(ARCH)/os/

In hardcoded version that'd be something like
fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/

Actually I guess I should have a look at the importer/syncer myself,
still haven't sent a single patch to smartpm, shame on me :)

	- Panu -