[issue160] smart will not run on fc5 with 256Mb memory.

chris at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Mon May 29 05:20:34 PDT 2006

New submission from chris <cro at pobox.com>:

I installed fc5 on an old laptop with 256Mb memory. I tried to add a set of
interesting channels - os,extras,atrpms,rpmforge and ran 'smart update'. Smart
will load the channels and fetch the package lists. It then says 'saving cache'
and hangs. Using top I can see that smart has ~90% of the memory and the kswapd
is busy. The system is mostly in 'wa' state. I left it in this state for over an
hour before giving up. Interrupts didn't work so I had to ctrl-z and 'kill -9 %1'.

messages: 505
nosy: cdvr
priority: bug
project: smart
status: unread
title: smart will not run on fc5 with 256Mb memory.