dependency graph for a x86_64 made on a i386 host architecture?

Andreas Bach Aaen andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com
Tue Nov 7 23:39:09 PST 2006

Tirsdag 07 november 2006 21:41 skrev Jeff Johnson:

> Simpler is better, add --target=foo, and voila! you are running on
> the "foo" architecture as far
> as rpm-4.4.7 is concerned.

Will this mean that I can set the target to x86_64 or even ppc64 on a host
running i386 ?
The rpms might not be installable, but I can at least calculate the dependency
graph (option --urls).

Regards,
--
Andreas Bach Aaen              System Developer, M. Sc.
Ericsson Danmark A/S           tel: +45 89 38 51 00
8260 Viby J      Denmark       andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com