Downgrade command ?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Nov 26 10:47:32 PST 2006

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:02:55 +0100 Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at skynet.be> wrote:

> As a side note, one thing I've been missing very often is the
> possibility to tell smart "all the (installed) packages from channels A
> and B" -- typical use case: specify the packages in the "latest KDE" or
> core distribution (e.g. SUSE Linux 10.1 + online updates channels).
> Something like
>   smart upgrade --from suse,online-updates *
>
> What most people would do in an automated way:
>   smart upgrade --from suse,online-updates --except 'kernel*'
> (locking can help for --except, but doesn't work per invocation)
>
> But the latter is a different topic ;)
> (and could possibly be solved by temporarily changing the channel
> priorities, per invocation)

Sounds good to me.  Perhaps a flag could be added to each channel,
allowing the channel type to be marked (for example) as 'experimental'
or as 'standard'.

Then 'smart install <package>' would look in ALL channels, whereas
'smart reinstall --not-experimental <package>' would look only in
those channels NOT marked 'experimental'.

mikus