[issue237] smart hangs when upgrading the whole system

so at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Thu Nov 2 03:39:17 PST 2006

so <so at lalisio.com> added the comment:

well, i'dont know either :-( from my own experience, you should keep an
careful eye on the proposed changes before hitting "yes". due to limited space
for the downloads of a complete upgrade, i needed to do some intermediate
steps, like "smart upgrade foo" or "smart install bar". sometimes, especially
with "upgrade foo" style, smart wanted to remove a bunch of packages. don't
know if this is a side effect of the patch, or if this may happen anyway.

another hint: try "smart fix" after your upgrade, did find a handful problems
in my case (needs a relatively long time to finish, even with the patch, be
patient :-))