[issue231] SMART doesn't respect channel priority-setting

Ademar Reis at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Tue Nov 21 14:44:35 PST 2006

Ademar Reis <ademar.reis at gmail.com> added the comment:

I had the same issue (mdv2007). I could workaround the problem by setting dvd
priorities to 2 and online repositories to 1, keeping rpm-sys at the default.
But the strange thing is:

- With this setup, upgrades won't work as expected (there will be downgrades of
some packages, to versions found on the DVDs).

- If I set rpm-sys' priority to, let's see... 2 or 3, then I get the original
behavior back (online repositories are prefered instead of the dvd ones).

I have no idea of the logic behind this behavior... hopefuly niemeyer will came
up with a patch :-)

nosy: +ademar