[issue255] smart refuses to recognize some packages from a cannel

Max at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Thu Nov 23 03:39:41 PST 2006

New submission from Max <maxantispam at freenet.de>:

I'm using Mandriva 2007 with smart 0.4.2

Sometimes I have problems to install packages with smart, as they are simply not
recognized.

The channels are configured correctly and the packages are defintively in the
hdlists: When I'm using urpmi instead - the packages can be installed fine.

Just an example when this happens:
ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandriva/2007.0/non-free/backports/binary/i586/

Try to install flash-player-plugin - it doesn't work for me.

Other example:
Generate your own channel with one (selfmade) RPM, do a

$ genhdlist --md5sum --list --subdir media_info

to get all hdlists and stuff needed for the channel + copy the pupkey into
media_info.
Import that channel an try to install the RPM - it doesn't work for me, either.
The channel even doesn't show up in smart-gui!

What's going wrong here?

messages: 983
nosy: MaxiPunkt
priority: bug
project: smart
status: unread
title: smart refuses to recognize some packages from a cannel