How's support on SuSE10.2?

Andreas Hanke andreas.hanke at gmx-topmail.de
Fri Nov 3 17:35:09 PST 2006

Monkey 9 schrieb:
> I am on 10.2 x86_64 now...
> Alpha5 did not work, but Beta1 works fine..

Alpha5 had a too old PyGTK version that doesn't work with Python2.5 on
x86_64. This is now fixed.

> But no channels, nothing..
> Looks good feels ok, and is fast!
> But I miss alot of things, so how to continue?
> I have smart installed from the dvd, but there were no channels
> installed within it....

The distro-supplied package does not install any channel definitions.

Either wait until the distribution is released, I'm sure that Pascal
Bleser will then provide his own packages with pre-defined channels, or
add your own channels now.

This would be an example configuration:

[inst-source]
type = yast2
name = openSUSE factory inst-source
baseurl =
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source

Note that you must change it once the distribution is released,
otherwise you would always get the development tree and never the
released packages.