dependency graph for a x86_64 made on a i386 host architecture?

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) netmask at webset.net
Tue Nov 7 11:03:21 PST 2006

Em Ter, 2006-11-07 às 20:57 +0100, Andreas Bach Aaen escreveu:

> > What kind of channels are you using?
>
> Only channels pointing to x86_64 rpms.

Badly expressed, I was asking what type of channels (rpm-md, yast2,
etc).

> Right. So I really would like to fiddle with the host architecture, as I wont
> install the rpms, but rather simply just get a printout of the dependency

I may be wrong but if you disable the arch checking, and you get 1 at i586
and 2 at x86_64, it may want to instal the 64 version instead.

In this case, maybe the proposed patch on the following issue may come
in help:

http://tracker.labix.org/issue177

> I can see that the archscore calls rpm.archscore - where is this located?

It's an rpmlib function.

> Otherwise one should replace the call of os.uname with another function, that
> would either call os.uname or pick the architecure from an option specified

IMHO it's better to maintain the use of archscore. I don't see any need
to make magic with uname.

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net <> Maceio/AL/BR