[issue239] smart hanging on librpm/__memp_fget_rpmdb

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Nov 22 02:10:34 PST 2006

> Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) <mteixeira at webset.net> added the comment:
>
> Is this still an issue? What version of smart/rpm?

I have not reported this to Axel, but smart (from atrpms) does
occasionally hang for me during the final stage of the 'updating cache'
phase.  It works again after a reboot.  This is not a really serious
problem for me, because I reboot frequently, but it would be difficult
in a production environment.

version is smart-0.42-39.fc5.at.i386

This has been happening for several weeks - perhaps since the 2.6.18
kernel came in.  I don't think I can be more specific about when it
first happened.

John Pilkington