Newest rpm from the channels

Andreas Bach Aaen andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com
Thu Nov 23 07:46:25 PST 2006

Hi,

I want to get the name of the newest available rpm. I don't want to install
anything, and I don't want to know which other rpms to install.

smart install -o rpm-root=/someemptyplace -o rpm-nodeps=true --urls kernel

Now I want to get output like:

http://somepath/kernel-2.6.19.3-0.5.i586.rpm

I fact I get a huge number of rpms listed. How do I get the expanded name of
the newest available, without checking the dependency graph?

It seems that the nodeps option doesn't do anything

Regards,
--
Andreas Bach Aaen              System Developer, M. Sc.
Ericsson Danmark A/S           tel: +45 89 38 51 00
8260 Viby J      Denmark       andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com