smart 0.50rc1-7 ok @ shell, GUI fails

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Wed Nov 29 07:45:59 PST 2006

> ok.  i'd thought that's what smart was to do for me.  problem is, though,
>
>  % smart install python-gtk
>    Updating cache...            ##################################### [100%]
>
>    warning: python-gtk-2.10.3-3.1 at i586 is already installed
>    Computing transaction...
>
> how do i use smart to 'fix' something is doesn't see as broken?
>
> REinstall, perhaps?

First try to find out what is actually missing. There seems to be a
library missing, since the error message is from the linker. Get into
the 2.4.0 directory and run ldd on .so files you find there, and see
if you find the missing one.  Using rpm -Va can also help you to find
missing files that were supposed to be installed. "smart check" will
tell you if there are broken dependencies.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net