[issue219] gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error

linux_learner linux.learner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 18:13:25 PDT 2006

Please see my howto for the smart config.
http://wiki.suselinuxsupport.de/wikka.php?wakka=smartconfig

In particular you want to look at;

Network

Options  Value  Description
  http-proxy  url  use given proxy on HTTP downloads
  ftp-proxy  url  use given proxy on FTP downloads
  socket-timeout  seconds  timeout for download operations
  keyserver   server  some server (e.g. wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net)

For a list of keyserver see here
http://www.rossde.com/PGP/pgp_keyserv.html#pubserv

So while you're getting a time out on that server, that is for that
server (not a smart issue). Try another server.