[issue208] smart fails to upgrade existing packages

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Fri Oct 6 10:00:07 PDT 2006

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) <mteixeira at webset.net> added the comment:

Although it's a packaging issue (the packager *should* bump the release number),
I agree that Smart could handle this better.

We have to options here: (a) make Smart simply ignore the package or (b) queue
it under re-install. I'm more favorable to go into (b).

In the mean time, if it really bothers you, run Smart with "-o rpm-force=True".
But don't forget: this *is* a packaging issue.

Ps.: Anyone willing to propose a patch is very welcome.

assignedto:  -> netmask
nosy: +netmask
priority: critical -> urgent
status: chatting -> in-progress